Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Do Not Own A TV

Many people do not believe me when I say this. But I do not, & have not, owned a TV since August of 2000. & yes, there is a story behind this.

May of 2000 I was moving out of the dorms & did not want to lug the 25 inch TV I had in my dorms back home. Since I was moving in to the fraternity house that fall, I decided to leave it there till the fall. Now, this was not your flat screen LCD 25 inch TV. It was an old wood box tube TV that weighed about a lot.

When I got to the house, I ran into one of my fraternity brothers Zack. Now Zack did not have a TV in his room. We quickly came to the arrangement that he could use my TV till I moved in & he would help me carry it to the third floor when I moved it. Perfect.

Fast-Forward to August when I move in.

Zack & I carry this beast of a TV up three flights of stairs to my room. It was not fun. After I get everything set up, I move the TV where I want it & run the cable, turn it on & everything is good.

About two weeks after that, I go to watch TV in my room for the first time. I turn it on, hear a "poof" noise & see a flash of white from the tube. It died. So I call my dad who says, "That thing is older than you, throw it out & we will get you a new one."

So, being who I am, I decide to have fun getting rid of the tv. I go across the hall when Rick's room was. I just say, "I need some help moving my TV."

Rick comes across the hall expecting to move the TV down the stairs & notices I already have it by the window. The open window. With the screen removed. On the fourth floor. Rick just smiled.

We get the bulking TV up on the ledge then Rick peeks out. "Clear!"

We push I watch. Just then, the back door opens & Justin walks out.

CrAsH!!!

Luckily it landed about ten feet away from Justin. He looked up & started cursing us & saying we needed to clean it up.


Now I was supposed to get a new TV, but my car ended up needing work so instead of a new TV, I got my car fixed. I have not owned a TV since.

No comments:

Post a Comment