Monday, February 7, 2011

How To Be Awesome: Lesson 915

In the spirit of Valentine’s day, I am going to share one of my “tricks” with everyone. & no, this is not a “how to get a girl into bed” trick. It is a, “I need to do something special for the girl I am dating but what?” trick. & also because this bitch’s girl’s song came up three times in two days & like hell if I am calling her. (Thank you for the support M.A.!) So instead I am going to vent one of the positive aspects of that relationship.


So this ex girlfriend of mine, let’s call her “Montana”, (She is a public figure now, so no need to bring any more attention to her,) was in her last semester of college when we were together. She had a full course load, plus one of her classes/activities involved being in office all day coordinating that day’s activities. (Yes, I am being vague on purpose. Deal with it.) She was so busy that she did not have time to step out for lunch/dinner. So every Thursday when she was stuck in office, I would bring her lunch, & if I was at her place that morning I would cook her breakfast. (I know, I just spew awesomeness anywhere I go.)

Well, this year her birthday was on a Thursday. She was not happy about it. So I devised a plan.

Now, being a good guy, you have a lot of people in your life that you have helped out. It just happens if you are a nice guy. & these people remember it.

Now I got a dozen roses that Wednesday night, & eleven of my guy friends to help me out throughout the day Thursday. First thing Thursday morning, around 7:00 am, I met with my friend Brett. I gave him one of the roses, & dropped him off at her place. A few minutes later she exited her building leaving for the office. Brett walked up to her & said, “Hey Montana, Happy birthday from Christofer.”

She was taken aback. Brett just smiled & walked away.

After she left, I picked Brett back up & dropped him off at his place. About an hour later, I met up with my friend Pat. I gave him a rose, & he went to her office, & did the same thing.

This continued all day with nine more of my guy friends delivering her rose after rose wishing her a happy birthday. (My friend Josh also dropped off lunch I got for her since it was around lunch time then.)

Every girl in her office was jealous. She was smiling the entire time. By the time the last few guy friends of mine walked in her office with a rose, everyone was like, “Montana is over there.” One of Montana’s friends told her that: “your boyfriend needs to start hanging out with my boyfriend. I want stuff like this!”

Wait, that only makes eleven roses. You said you bought a dozen. What happened to the last one?

Glad you asked!

I had Montana’s roommate let me in to their place so I could put the last rose, rose petals, & her presents in her room for when she got home. Yes, after all of that, I got her presents. That were in a crush red velvet present box. One of them being an USB jump drive as she was always complaining that “emailing her files back & forth from work to her computer was a pain.”

Was she appreciative of this?
Yes. She was upset beforehand because her birthday was ruined due to work & it turned out great instead. All of her friends were jealous of her, (she really liked that part). & she was spoiled for the entire day. I mean, what girl doesn't like being spoiled?


For those of you (guys) wondering how much effort was put into this (or what would be needed to duplicate it):

- Planning one week prior with my friends to coordinate this with their schedules.
- Setting up more than eleven friends (because people will flake out. I had two flake & the replacements were awesome in stepping up.)
- Organizing with her roommate when I could get in & set up her room.
- Shopping for presents the week prior.
- Getting roses the day before & hiding them from her.
- Spending the whole day Thursday meeting with my friends & coordinating the rose drop-offs.

Did she deserve such a great birthday? At the time I thought so.

Am I glad I did it? Yes. Every girl deserves to be spoiled at least once in her lifetime.



& this is where I end the story because nothing good happened after this in the relationship.

As always comments are welcome below!

No comments:

Post a Comment